1. Greens, Tees, Fairways, and Approaches will all be aerified, topdressed, verticut, swept, and fertilized with a 10-10-10. We plan on applying 1000 tons of sand to the entire property.
2. Once aerified, Tees, Fairways, Approaches, and Rough will have applications of Chipco Choice and Ronstar. Chipco Choice is slit injected, and Ronstar 2G is applied with a dry sprayer.
3. Because of contaminates in the 6 year old 419; Fairway turf on 3, 5, and 9 will be removed and graded. Fairway 3 will be replaced with Tif Grand instead of 419. This will give us a better understanding of this new variety that has recently become all the rave. 5 and 9 will be replaced with new 419.
4. As tournament greens speeds continue to increase, a few of the greens on THE PLAYERS Stadium have become unpinable unless the entire green is slowed down during THE PLAYERS. Also requested, by the PGA Tour rules officials, were additional locations on numbers 1, 4, and 18. Pete Dye came in Tuesday to analyze these areas and make recommendations. With recommendations in hand, greens number 1, 4, 13, 16, 17, 18 will all have areas that willbe removed, greens mix added, areas floated to Pete Dye's recommendations, and resodded.
5. The tournament tents have finally all been removed. We will be bringing in a sub-contractor to assist with the repair work on the spectator mounds. The contractor will back fill holes from the tents' feet, strip dead areas, and resod. We will continue fertilizer applications to assist the turf with growth and get this areas back into visual appeal.
We are trying to expedite all processes and have complete during this closure period.
It's going to be a very busy 12 days! We will keep everyone up to date as projects continue.